Unique, Custom Made Writing Instruments
The Broker pen is a unique design. This pen features a two-toned, 10k Gold plating with contrasting black tactile finish. Slightly larger than a standard twist pen, the Broker Pen has a bit more heft, yet is perfectly balanced for writing comfort. The comfortable grip, sleek appearance and a precision mechanism are sure to make this one of your favorite pens.
The material is a unique, Brown Micarta. It is very durable and has been finished and polished by hand to a high luster.
Micarta is a composite of linen, fiberglass or paper fabric impregnated with resins, which are cured under pressure and high temperature to produce laminates. The material is very dense, strong and extremely durable. This material is commonly used in knife handles and gun grips. Although not common, it is very well suited for more decorative applications like pens.
The Broker pen uses a Cross style ballpoint refill. This pen will also accept the new Cross style PDA refills for use with an iPhone or a touch screen device. They are available at most office supply stores. If you need additional refills, I have a small supply available for purchase in my Ebay store.
All pens are handcraft by me in my workshop. The pen you see in the listing is the pen you will receive. This pen was made from a solid piece of wood or material with the grain oriented to match between the two barrels of the pen. It was turned by hand on a lathe.
- My pens are a joy to collect and also make excellent gifts. Some gift ideas include:
- Weddings (Groomsmen, Bridesmaids, Clergy, Guest Book, Father in Law, Mother in Law)
- Graduation (High School, College, Graduate)
- Corporate (Motivational, Achievement, Promotion)
- Sales Professionals (Real Estate, Insurance, Automotive, Banking)
- Job Interviews (Lots of forms to fill out. Also makes a good impression.)
- Holidays (Fathers day, Mothers day, Secretaries day, Christmas)
There are more than 20 steps involved in making a finished pen. I use more than forty different types of woods and materials from around the world.
With daily use, your pen will darken. To clean and restore the gloss, simply buff with a high quality furniture wax. I use and recommend Renaissance Wax.
Be sure to visit my Ebay store for more Unique, Custom made Writing Instruments and Accessories.